Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What A Great View

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    You know that view you get of union terminal and it's fountain as you pull up the driveway tword it? Most of us in this area do. It's pretty amazing. You can see it in many posters and postcards of the city itself But, I( realized something today. The view when you leave is just as awesome. When you walk out the front door tword the fountain take a look at the city. The entire skyline of cincinnati is in view. Maybe not like the one from Mt Adams or that great view you get from across the river but a full view of downtown cincinnati. Never really thought about it before, but it's pretty [img]cool.gif[/img] .
    I was there to see the omnimax grand canyon movie, which itself has some amazing shots in it.
    Next time you're there, stop at the top of the steps above the fountain and just look across the skyline. Pan from right to left. (or left to right) and take it all in.
    You may just agree with me on this one, it's really worth it to stop for a second and take it all in.

  2. #2
    Sheriff Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2006
    Posts
    1,352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Back when it was abandoned and before it was restored my father and oldest brother went down there to use metal detectors on the grounds and I went with them. I went into a side wing and there was county (or city) construction equipment parked in there and I got up on a bull dozer and started it and drove it about 10 ft until I slammed it into the railing and part of it broke off. LOL those ramps are still in there and when I went to the Titanic display in 2001 or 2002 I could see the spot where I had banged into the ramp, the marble is slightly discolored in that spot. But yeah, those fountains are cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •